One of my salesmen is working his way to college. I admire him as I too did the same. He enrolled in one of the online bachelor degree programs to reach his goal. He decided to take this path instead of taking out a student loan. He's a hardworking kid and I can see his determination. The prospect of going up the corporate ladder drives him to work harder. I promised to give him a managerial position when he graduates.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
My son and I race karts whenever we have the time. I've invested on a couple of powerful karts. Safety always comes first even if we're racing for fun or competition. We wear racing suits, gloves and shoes. We also wear braces and pads to protect our neck and joints. Our scorpion helmets protect our noggins. Racing karts is serious business. You can get injured if you take it lightly.
After a hearty meal or a stressful day, I really give myself some downtime. I soak myself in a tub of hot water, and just sit there for hal an hour. I would listen to slow music and my trusty box of montecristo cigars keep me company. Before sleeping, my wife would give me a good back rubbing. Now that is the best way to refresh oneself after a hard day of work.
Some accessories that you must have if you love cigars.
For some people cigar smoking is not just a habit that they like to do. Some like it beyond the smoking part because they are also into the rush of buying and ‘collecting’ high quality cigars. No matter what reason you may have for smoking cigars, you cannot take it up without getting a few pieces of cigars on your own, as well as the must have accessories that you will need for them.
CigarPlace.biz is an online provider of good quality branded cigars such as Ashton cigars, Baccarat cigars, CAO cigars, Oliva cigars, and many more. You can also choose from a wide selection of cigar accessories which you will surely need. Below are some of them.
Stinky Cigar Ashtray
· Ashtrays. You will definitely need at least one good ashtray if you are a cigar smoker. The usual ashtrays that you can buy from general stores will not suffice because they are often cigarette ashtrays. Since cigars have a bigger diameter than cigarettes, it will not fit into the smaller depressions or slots that are meant for the smaller sized cigarettes. CigarPlace.biz offers a wide array of cigar ashtrays in various designs that you can choose from.
5 Vegas Tradicion 100 Cigar Humidor
· Humidors. Cigars are best smoked when they are freshly made. However, it is not often reasonable to buy a cigar or two only when you want to smoke them. It is better if you buy and store your own stock of cigars. To be able to maintain the quality and freshness of the cigars that you will buy, you will need to store them in a humidor. A humidor is a plastic or metal box that is designed to maintain a constant level of humidity. Humidors will help prolong the life of your cigar so that they are still fresh and of good quality even after weeks or months of storing them. CigarPlace.biz has three categories of humidors: small, which can hold 5 to 25 cigars; medium, which can hold 30 to 125 cigars; and large, which can hold more than 150 cigars.
Xikar XI1 Cigar Cutter
· Cutters/Punchers. Most cigars that you can buy come with one straight cut end and the other end in a cap. You smoke the cigar from the end with the cap and you will need to cut it off before smoking. This is the reason why cutters or punchers are available for cigar smokers. These cigar cutters ensure that you cut the capped end evenly and easily because if the cap is cut jaggedly, the end of the cigar will not burn evenly and some tobacco will be lost. There are three basic types of cigar cutters – straight cut or guillotine, punch cut, and v-cut. There is a good selection of good quality cigar cutters and punchers from CigarPlace.biz.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Friday, March 16, 2012
Last winter, a waterline in my sister-in-law's basement burst again. Her basement is her den. The mishap ruined her basement carpet. For the third time in two years, she had to change them again. It was a good thing that her entertainment system was left unscathed. The furnishings were also untouched. Repairs could have been costly if not for the careful arrangement of the room.
On a recent trip to the Caribbean, my cousin was able to see a few museums. They had displays of pirates' booty. Aside from relics, gold bullion and other treasures, there were also displays of clothing and weapons. His son was so amazed and really enjoyed their vacation. The islands were home to quite a number of pirates. More than just a legacy, this is also a heritage. They will always be a part of history and not just folklore.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Take a moment to ask yourself the question, "What is the most common cause of a vehicular accident?" When I did that, I was surprised with all the dangerous scenarios that went through my head. Driving is serious business, and awareness is critical. To avoid personal involvement in crashes, it's important to identify some common causes of vehicular accidents.
The most common cause of vehicular accidents is driver distraction. According to Mark Edwards, the Director of Traffic Safety at the American Automobile Association, "The research tells us that somewhere between 25-50 percent of all motor vehicle crashes in this country really have driver distraction as their root cause."
There are many reasons why a driver might become distracted. Sometimes drivers are rubbernecking. They slow down to watch something that is going on (such as a car crash). They take their eyes off the road and crash or have someone crash into them because of their changed speed. Drivers also become distracted while talking on cell phones or while dealing with other passengers. Other causes of distraction include: driver fatigue, adjusting the radio and checking out the scenery while driving.
Some accidents occur as a result of reckless driving. This could include speeding, cutting others off and tailgating. Drunk driving is another common example of reckless driving. If you get an injury in a vehicular accident that is a result of reckless driving, consider consulting a lawyer so you receive some compensation. You might want to go to a lawyer who specializes in specific injuries such a Sacramento brain injury attorney.
It's easy to see how icy roads might lead to vehicular accidents, but weather impacts drivers in other ways as well. High winds make driving difficult, especially for those who drive trucks. Heavy rains can lead to limited visibility. Super-dry weather can also become a problem as roads dry out and oil pools the roads, creating slick spots.
Although roadway design is rarely a cause of vehicular accidents, upkeep is a different matter. Roadway debris, faded road signs, signs hidden by foliage, potholes and construction all increase chances of vehicular accidents. Sanding is a problem as well. As the winter melts into spring, sand piles up on the roadways causing slippery conditions when one tries to apply brakes.
Knowing the most common causes of vehicular accidents helps you avoid them yourself. Keep alert, avoid distraction and remain aware of weather and road conditions to reduce your driving risk.
A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband. Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen. 'Careful,' he said, 'CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh my gosh! You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? They're going to STICK! Careful. CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL! You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the Salt! USE THE SALT! THE SALT!' The wife stared at him. 'What in the world is wrong with you? You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?'
The husband calmly replied, 'I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving.'
Buying a car is an exciting and difficult task. It is important to make sure that you find the right vehicle for you, and make sure you have options before buying one. Here are a few things to consider before buying a new car.
- The make is important to consider when looking for a mode of transportation. This will determine the cost of the car and repairs, your ability to self repair, and many other aspects of your car.
- The model is the next stop on our shopping list. This will decide how big your can is and what it looks like. This is important because it helps determine how much room you have when you are inside, how much storage space it has, how it will drive, if you have a spare tire, and the problems linked to the car.
- Fuel economy is also important to think about. The worse the fuel economy is, the more it will eventually cost you. Fuel economy means that a car doesn't cost as much to fuel up, and it will drive longer distances with the gas you put in it.
- Mileage is another thing to focus on. If you are buying a used car, it will typically have mileage and the more mileage it has will usually mean it will have more issues. The lower the mileage, the less the car has been used.
- Car history is also a big deal when you are shopping for a 2nd hand vehicle. Used cars will have a detailed report of their problems you order a vehicle history report. These documents can tell you if they have been in an accident recently, if they have had any repairs done, and what type of condition it was purchased in. This will also help you safe guard against someone trying to sell you a faulty car.
- Maintenance is something fairly pivotal in any car used or new. Having the car checked by an independent mechanic is a good idea because they are not biased, and they will give you an idea of what is in store if you end up buying the car.
- Insurance is a great thing to look at before and after buying a car. The kind of vehicle you get will impact your insurance rates. Sport cars cost more on your insurance than four door sedans do, and even the color of the car could raise your rate. Car insurance is necessary when you drive in case of accidents, it helps you recover the damages on your vehicle when something happens. If your insurance won't pay, or if the other drivers are not insured, it is a good idea to contact a Minneapolis car accident lawyer. They can help put pressure on the insurance company or the person responsible for the accident.
A woman came home, screeching her car into the driveway, and ran into the house. She slammed the door and shouted at the top of her lungs, 'Honey, pack your bags. I won the lottery!'
The husband said, 'Oh my God! What should I pack, beach stuff or mountain stuff?' 'Doesn't matter,' she said. 'Just get out.'
The husband said, 'Oh my God! What should I pack, beach stuff or mountain stuff?' 'Doesn't matter,' she said. 'Just get out.'
Motorcycles are a blast to ride, but they come with unavoidable safety hazards. Even the biggest bike is smaller than the smallest car. Therefore, the greatest responsibility rides on that bike with you. Auto motorcycle collisions rarely turn out good, so follow these important reminders about motorcycle safety.
Even the safest auto operator has trouble seeing something as small, and fast as a motorcycle. Make your outfit as loud as your hog to remain visible even in the darkest of streets.
- Use your headlight day and night
- Stay out of auto blind spots
- Use your horn
- Flash your break light every time you slow down
Common sense rider guidelines do help, but there's not much you can do about a distracted driver. Driving while texting, driving while yelling into a cell phone, and driving while watching a movie, are some of the new obstacles you face on your motorcycle. Of course, there's also the eternal drunk driver. If you have an accident that involves any of these auto operators, you should contact a Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorney. You will receive compensation if, the accident was not your fault.
Your Mental Strategy Will Save Your Life
Keep your brain sharp when you ride your motorcycle. It's that simple. Have a safety strategy every time you get on that bike. Houston is one of the busiest and most dangerous driving cities in America. Follow these mental tips to keep your grey matter safe from a brain injury.
- Check road conditions and be ready for known hazards
- Give auto operators space
- No riding when you're tired or drunk
- No fancy maneuvers around cars
- Always use your signals
Fortunately, Texas law does not allow motorcycle drivers to ride in between lanes. That's the law thinking for you. However, your excellent mental strategy rarely, makes a telepathic leap to a careless driver. It's a good idea to know a Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorney if you can't avoid the collision.
It's common sense to wear a helmet. It's also a good idea to wear long sleeves and pants. Leather gear is as safe as it is hip to wear. All of these common sense clothing choices can save your life. The idea is to get as much cushion between you, and the pavement as possible. Houston is hot and humid, and you will probably stink after a summer ride. Just think of your body odor as the smell of life. Get dressed in your safety gear, and hit I-45 South to Galveston. Celebrate your safe and successful ride with a cool dip in the Gulf of Mexico.